Senior Spotlight: Travis Sloan

Senior Travis Sloan is prepared for a great future!
Senior Spotlight: Travis Sloan

Senior Travis G. Sloan, 18, is a hard-working and funny student and loves to participate in sports. He was born on November 3, 2005 and he loves to hang out and laugh with his friends. He likes to play the piano and is well known to be Mr. Sloan’s son. Travis proudly enjoys working on projects with his hands and creating new things. He is high-spirited, has impressive talents, and is optimistic.

Q&A w/ Travis!

Q: What do you plan to do after graduation?

A: “I plan to go on an LDS Mission, and then go to some sort of secondary education.”

Q: What extracurricular activities do you participate in and what hobbies do you enjoy?

A: “I participate in sports all year round, football, wrestling, and track and field. A hobby I enjoy is automotive work, I love pulling apart and putting vehicles back together.”

Q: What is your favorite high school memory?

A: “My favorite high school memory is going to watch Carter Katz at State for wrestling in 2021, it was a blast and I loved every second of it.”

Q: What is the most challenging task as a senior?

A: “The most challenging task as a senior isn’t really a task, but is the fact that I’m not going to be able to participate in these sports again. I love making memories with friends in all the sports I play.”

Q: What are some of your interests?

A: “I love working with my hands. If I can build, create, or take apart something, I’ll do it. I spend a lot of my free time in my shop, fire burning in the fireplace, and doing anything from metal working to replacing something in one of the family’s cars.”

Q: What advice do you have for incoming freshmen?

A: “Don’t stress about what people think of you. If you try to be everyone’s favorite person, you’ll be running in circles for a long time. Just be kind and willing to give a helping hand, and to accept a helping hand.”

Q: What do you like to do in your free time?

A: “I love working in my shop whenever I have free time.”

Q: What are you excited about for your senior year?

A: “I’m looking forward to living by myself. Even though it’s going to be hard, I’ve always wanted a place to call my own, and after this is the best time to do it.”

Q: How would you describe yourself?

A: “Hard working, humorous, fun-loving, and someone who loves to laugh.”