Coyote Chronicle

The Student News Source of Columbia-Burbank High School

Coyote Chronicle

Coyote Chronicle

Join Choir Class

Our choir is waiting for YOU to shine!

Sing your heart out and become the spotlight! Show your vocal and performance skills by joining our choir class.

Choir is taught by our fun-loving teacher, Mr. Sadzewicz, the thing he likes about teaching choir class is he enjoys to see students grow as singers. Students especially enjoy learning how to sing along with getting to perform as a soloist or a group. One of our choir students, Morgan Wright, says, “I like how open to all music genres Mr. Sadzewicz is and how we are able to express ourselves freely.” Experience singing with a group of choir students or doing a solo/duet for any concerts that may be coming up!

Are you ready to show off your incredible singing talents?

Q&A (featuring Mr. Sadzewicz)

Q.1: What do you like about teaching the choir class?

A: I enjoy getting to see students grow as singers. Many of them start out quiet and then get louder and more confident over time.

Q.2: What are you looking forward to this year? Do you have any goals for choir?

A: I’m looking forward to having a larger coir this year! One of my goals is to take the choir to the choir festival this year where we can be adjudicated and get the chance to hear other choirs. It would be a great learning experience for all of us.

Q.3: What is your advice to students who struggle with performing on stage?

A: My biggest advice for students to struggle with performing on stage would be to practice what you would like to perform many times by yourself and in front of family and friends. Most people are somewhat nervous performing in front of people.

Q.4: What inspired or moved you into becoming a teacher?

A: My elementary band teacher originally inspired me to become a music teacher. He was one of the first teachers who showed me how much fun playing music is.

Q.5: What is your favorite song or type of music?

A: My favorite song for choir is O Magnum Mysterium by Morten Lauredsen. I think they way he writes out the choir parts is magical.

Q.6: Why do you think people should join?

A: I think people should join choir so they can learn what their true potential is when it comes to singing There are many people that don’t believe that they can sing when they really can. Choir also is a great avenue for being creative and is healthy for your longevity of your brain!