Coyote Chronicle

The Student News Source of Columbia-Burbank High School

Coyote Chronicle

Coyote Chronicle

Campaign For Breast Cancer Raises Money At The Walla Walla Rodeo

8 breast cancer survivors were praised at the Walla Walla Rodeo for fighting their battle with cancer.

This month, Walla Walla Frontier Days and Providence St. Mary Foundation organized a PRCA rodeo which raised $40,000 for their nationally-renowned campaign, Tough Enough to Wear Pink. This campaign aims to increase breast cancer awareness and fundraising at rodeos and western events. Over 50 volunteers, including the Whitman College baseball team and coaches, dedicated their time to this cause and helped to raise funds through donations from the attendees, the Business Box Challenge, a raffle, and merchandise sales. The event also paid tribute to eight local breast cancer survivors and showcased them during the Tough Enough to Wear Pink presentation.

Lacey Perry, Chief Philanthropy Officer of Providence St. Mary Foundation, expressed her gratitude to Walla Walla Fair and Frontier Days for their support of Tough Enough to Wear Pink, and the 34 businesses who contributed to the cause. She also thanked the community for their generosity and participation in the event.

Oncology Director of Providence St. Mary, Natasha Delano, reminded attendees of the importance of early detection of cancer, and recommended that women 40 and over get a mammogram every year.

To learn more about the work of Providence St. Mary Foundation or contribute to Tough Enough to Wear Pink, interested individuals can contact the foundation at 401 W. Poplar St., Walla Walla, WA 99362 or 509-897-2091.