Coyote Chronicle

The Student News Source of Columbia-Burbank High School

Coyote Chronicle

Coyote Chronicle

Mariners Season Comes To An End

Seattle Falls One Game Short
Mariners Season Comes To An End

With a record of 88-74 the Mariners season came to an end October 1st with being missing the playoffs by 1 game. The M’s were one game back from the Houston Astros, if they would have won just one more game this year the Mariners would have not only made the playoffs but would have won the AL West. The Mariners overall had a good season with having a 45-36 record at home and a 43-38 record playing away games. The Mariners had a great August but really struggled in September with being 4-6 in there last 10 games.

The hitting for the Mariners was pretty good with Juioi Rodriguez leading the team in hitting with a .275 batting average and leading them with 180 hits and leading team in home runs with 32 home runs. The pitching was good but started to go downhill toward the end of the season.  Overall, the arms were good with Luis Castillo a starting pitcher, leading the starters with a 3.34 ERA and lead in strikeouts with 219.

The bullpen was very up and down this year for the Mariners Justin Topa was very good for the mariners bullpen with a 2.61 ERA with pitching the most innings for the Mariners bullpen this year.  This season the Mariners had a good year but just came up a little short in the end, hopefully next year will be be a post season appearance.

4 takes on Seattle Mariners player comments after missing playoffs - Seattle Sports