Coyote Chronicle

The Student News Source of Columbia-Burbank High School

Coyote Chronicle

Coyote Chronicle

Tri-Cities First Glow In The Dark Golf

Golf Facility To Open In Kennewick

Located in the heart of the Tri-Cities, Let’s Glow Mini Golf is the brainchild of Kennewick mother Brittney Hallman, who wanted to provide her young sons with a variety of activities. On October 4th, the 5,000-square-foot facility will open its doors to the public. The indoor, safari-themed course includes an 18-hole course, a small video game arcade, and a party room that can be booked for birthdays, team-building exercises, and other events. Thanks to the black lights throughout the facility, the entire space – including the picnic tables, putters, and golf balls – will be illuminated.

Hallman was inspired to create Let’s Glow after visiting an indoor, glow-in-the-dark mini-golf course on a family vacation to Arizona. Recognizing the Tri-Cities lacked similar activities, Hallman began working on a business plan and soon found a former thrift shop that met her space requirements. She, along with her boyfriend, Matt Magan, her children, her dad, and other family members, then spent four months refurbishing the old thrift shop into a mini-golf business. Walls and ceilings were painted black to serve as a backdrop for the glowing decor, while the concrete floor was refinished with an epoxy surface embedded with reflective flakes. Magan painted the elephant that greets visitors and the palm trees in the event room, while other family members painted the “spatter” tunnel.

Let’s Glow Mini Golf offers an affordable way for families to enjoy indoor activities. Admission includes 18 holes of mini-golf, a putter and ball, and costs $13.95 for adults and $8.95 for children ages 4-8. Children 3 and under are free. In addition, the Par-Tee room can be rented for two-hour blocks and includes mini-golfing and wristbands. The facility is open Monday-Thursday from 2-9 p.m., Friday from 2-10 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m.-10 p.m., and Sunday from 11 a.m.-8 p.m. (closed on major holidays). Let’s Glow sells soda, snacks, and Dippin’ Dots, but guests are welcome to bring their own food and non-alcoholic beverages.

The opening of Let’s Glow was coincidentally timed with the move of Golf Universe from its West Clearwater Avenue quarters, leaving the future of its two outdoor mini-golf courses uncertain. Lionel Kunka, manager of Golf Universe and a friend of the Hallman family, welcomed Let’s Glow to the community, calling it a strong addition.