Coyote Chronicle

The Student News Source of Columbia-Burbank High School

Coyote Chronicle

Coyote Chronicle

Staying Safe Driving In The Fog

Burbank Has Had Heavy Fog This Week
Staying Safe Driving In The Fog

Driving in fog can be a daunting experience, especially if you’re not familiar with the conditions. While it’s true that fog can make driving hazardous, there are ways to stay safe if you find yourself driving in fog.

Make sure you’re driving at a safe speed. Visibility can be severely reduced in fog, so it’s important to slow down and reduce your speed. This will help you more easily react to any hazards that may be ahead.

Keep your headlights on at all times. It’s important to be visible to other drivers on the road, and having your headlights on is a great way to do that. Make sure you keep your headlights on low beam, as high beam lights can make it even harder to see in fog.

It’s also a good idea to use your windshield wipers, even when there isn’t any rain. This will help keep your windshield clear of any fog or moisture that can obscure your vision.

Don’t try to drive through thick fog. If the fog is too thick, it’s best to pull over and wait for it to clear. This will help ensure that you’re not putting yourself at risk of an accident.

Keep your distance from other drivers. Due to the reduced visibility, it’s important to give other drivers plenty of space. This will help you avoid any potential collisions.

Fog can be a tricky condition to drive in, but there are ways to stay safe. By following the tips above, you’ll be better prepared to handle any foggy driving conditions.