Coyote Chronicle

The Student News Source of Columbia-Burbank High School

Coyote Chronicle

Coyote Chronicle

Last Pac-12 Game

Oregon and Washington Face Off in the Pac-12 Championship Game for a College Football Playoff Spot
Last Pac-12 Game

This season the Pac-12 has showed out and had some top teams during this season, Arizona has really been a hot team as they are the #14 team in the country, they weren’t expected to do much this season.  Oregon State is the #22 team right now following the loss to Oregon, they’ve had a pretty good season.

Teams like Washington State, Colorado UCLA, Utah, and USC all were hot at the start of the season becoming top 15 teams during the first half of the season. Now you could say they have fallen off going into these last couple of weeks. However there have been two teams that haven’t stop winning and playing at their highest level all season. The 11-1 Oregon Ducks stand at the #5 team in the country, and the 12-0 Washington Huskies who are the #3 team in the country.

These two teams met up in Seattle in mid October in which the Huskies came out on top 36-33 when Oregon missed a field goal to tie the game with no time left.  Oregon made a lot of coaching decisions that made them lose, like going for it on 4th down when they could’ve took multiple field goals earlier in the game that would’ve changed the game and potentially gave Oregon the win. Oregon is 9.5 point favorites as of gameday, this is also the first time Washington is an underdog this season.

Both teams also have a Heisman candidates in Oregon’s Bo Nix and Washington’s Michael Penix Jr, so if these guys want to win that Heisman trophy, a win is a must need for them to have a chance at it.  Kick off is set for 5pm in Las Vegas.