Senior Spotlight: Mykena Hancock

Senior Spotlight: Mykena Hancock

Mykena is a sweet and smart student. She has been coming to Columbia High School since she was in kindergarten. After high school she plans on going to EWU for dental or something to do with the health science field. She is also considering accounting or a job involving math. Her favorite color is blue and some activities she likes to do in her free time is watching tv and movies. She likes to watch the maze runner, divergent, and hunger games series.

Some clubs that Mykena is in are FBLA and Honor Society. She does things like campus cleanup where she picks up garbage around the school. She is also Treasurer in FBLA so she counts all of the money made from candy grams and boo grams. Her bestfriends are Mikaela and Thaily.

One of her favorite memories from high school is listening to music in the locker room before volleyball games her freshman year. Her high school experience was okay overall. She got to participate in sports for a couple of years and a lot of extracurricular activities because of the clubs she was in. She also liked how she connected with a lot of teachers and staff. Mykena also participated in running at CBC which has earned her a lot of college credits. It prepared her to handle the amount of work in college classes that she will do next year, when she attends college full time.